70 South Gallery, the premier gallery and photography servicing center (conveniently located in the heart of Morristown, NJ), has a new exhibition about every 2-3 months, typically featuring two professional and one student photographer each time. In the last two years, 70 South has hosted 14 captivating exhibitions and each has featured a high school student photographer. Schools that have had their students featured include: Bernards, Bloomfield, Delbarton, Glen Ridge, Montclair, Morris Knolls, Morristown, Newark Academy, Oak Knoll, Pingry, Livingston.
We are immediately seeking high school students that have a body of work that fits into the following high level themes:
Portrait, landscape, nature, specialty, abstract, and unique processes, or the opportunity to submit a themed body of work that we can work with and build an exhibit around.
As part of our commitment to supporting student photographers, 70 South Gallery underwrites the cost to produce the students’ finished work for the exhibition and offers a very generous revenue split to the student for any artwork sold.
The benefits our students have enjoyed by being featured photographers have included:
- Having the experience of exhibiting their work in a professional venue, beyond their school.
- An enhancement of their public speaking and presentation skills.
- A source of incremental income from the sale of their artwork.
- The refinement of their creative process—from concept to execution.
- The addition of compelling resume-building credentials for the college application process.
We invite you and your students to submit their work in the following manner:
(note: Submissions will be reviewed and selected on a first-come, first served basis.)
- Please email a sample of your work (approximately 10 images that all follow a similar theme or perspective) to email@example.com
- Images can be sent via email (low res) or via sharing (dropbox/googledrive).
- Please include the school you attend and the year you are currently in.